Bewl Water and Camber Sands


It seems like I keep going back to Bewl Water if you have already read my other day out trip to Scotney Castle and Bewl Water, but it offers such a beautiful walk around the lake, nice views and picnic opportunities that it is difficult to resist going back once you have been there once!

Enjoying the views over Bewl Water

I definitely recommend walking around the lake or at least some section of it, I still have not had a chance to hike the full circle around the lake, and when I do there might be a third post on Bewl water here from me!

Here is the map of the Bewl Water.

Map  ©Bewl Water

Last time when we were in Bewl water we started our walk towards clockwise direction, this time we started walking in counter-clockwise direction and it felt like a totally different walk with so many different views of the lake, people fishing, forest and benches inviting you to sit and enjoy the surroundings.

Just greenness

Inviting and welcoming benches at Bewl water

Then if you would like to see even more water, head to Camber Sands which is a beach near Rye and has sand dunes. Warning: Do not go there when it is very windy unless you enjoy a sand storm where it is impossible to open eyes, look around and enjoy the views or take a walk... Unfortunately we were there when it is was super windy and all I could do was turn my back to the wind or look down as you can see in the picture below.

Camber Sands

It was still very nice to feel the sand and I look forward to going back to Camber Sands to have a long walk at the beach enjoying the sea and sun...

Looking towards the sea

Comments