Cycling around Bewl Water

I think we all knew that this post was coming. Cycling combined with nature and water, how could I resist?

It was for my 30th birthday so it even had more meaning for me and was a great start to a fourth decade.



There is a cycling hire at Bewl Water. When we were given mountain bikes, I was very surprised. But as we started cycling I realised the path is much bumpier than I remembered. Do not expect a smooth ride, as it comes with hills, it is most of the time up and down rather than flat and it is mostly bumpy like you are on a rollercoaster!


A glimpse at the path

Even though it is a challenging ride, it is very rewarding and enjoyable as landscape is changing as you move and you are looking from different angles and at different direction. There are diverse surroundings ranging from next to the water to dense forest and you can even come across giant mushrooms on the way.

Views over surrounding farms


Fields of flowers and grass


And giant mushrooms!

And after 3.5 hours, we made to the finish line!

Arriving at the reservoir dam

For more ideas and pictures for Bewl water, you can have a look at my other blog posts: Bewl Water and Camber Sands, and Scotney Castle and Bewl Water.

Comments